I have a vague knowledge regarding those two fields, but I admit there are some fundamental concepts that I lack.
So, if we had to write down the actual differences between these two fields, what would they be?
I'll suggest some points that I think the answers should cover for successfully describing each field in a complete and comprehensive way:
- What it does and what it is about (also what it's not);
- Common misconceptions of the field (with consequent debunking);
- Aims/objective of the field;
- Tools/instruments and methods adopted by the field;
- Subfields of each field (if any);
- Any other points I might have forgotten.