It took me a while to throw my hat in the ring, but here I am.
I have been a Moderator Pro Tempore ever since this site was taking its first steps. The road has been quite long until today and there have been times where I thought the site was on the verge of being closed, but with a few ideas and strategies and with the crucial actions from the community, we managed to get through those challenges.
I would like to continue this road alongside everyone, and thank you for taking the time to read and consider my Nomination.
- How would you deal with a user who produced a steady stream of valuable answers, but tends to generate a large number of arguments/flags from comments?
Not every flag has bad intentions behind it. Sometimes users mean well but they might not be familiar with the format of the site and its requirements. I think a simple conversation goes a long way and that's how I prefer to act first.
- How would you handle a situation where another mod closed/deleted/etc. a question that you feel shouldn’t have been?
I trust, and have trusted, my fellow moderators in such occasions. When something like this happened, I asked them for the reasoning behind the closure, and that was enough to understand why it was closed.
- In your opinion, what do moderators do?
Moderators don't actually do much, we handle exceptions. Most of the work is done by the community (thank you for this), and even high rep users can handle some flags. Moderators only take care of things that the community cannot handle.
- A diamond will be attached to everything you say and have said in the past, including questions, answers and comments. Everything you will do will be seen under a different light. How do you feel about that?
Having been a moderator since Day 1, I'm completely OK with that. I have a huge respect for words, and I choose mine carefully.
- In what way do you feel that being a moderator will make you more effective as opposed to simply reaching 10k or 20k rep?
I have known this community since the start, in some ways it works like other communities, but in other ways, it's its own community and I understand that logic. I think I would be more helpful as a Moderator if the need arises for one that knows this community well.