It seems to be an implicit assumption that wordnet only contains lemmas. Eg in Combine dictionary lemmatization with stemmer.
I feel confidant it is a correct one, the Wordnet interface refers to lemmas.
I am starting to have my doubts. I am looking for a high quality cite-able source to reassure my doubts. Or to correct my misunderstanding.
- 3 [Miller, George A., et al. "Introduction to wordnet: An on-line lexical database*." International journal of lexicography 3.4 (1990): 235-244.]3
- 4 [Miller, George A. "Nouns in WordNet: a lexical inheritance system." International journal of Lexicography 3.4 (1990): 245-264.]4
- 5 [Gross, Derek, and Katherine J. Miller. "Adjectives in wordnet." International Journal of Lexicography 3.4 (1990): 265-277.]5
- 6 [Fellbaum, Christiane. "English verbs as a semantic net." International Journal of Lexicography 3.4 (1990): 278-301.]6
- 7 [Tengi, Randee I. "Design and implementation of the WordNet lexical database and searching software." Fellbaum, Christiane (réd.), WordNet: an electronic lexical database, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1998): 105.]7