My girlfriend noticed that I say when I pronounce a word like 'hundred' it sounds like I'm deleting the schwa sound in the final syllable and pronouncing the word mroe like, "hundrd". Does this fall under schwa syncope?

  • There's a cardinal vowel which is a feature of the language and articulation accuracy which is a feature of an individual person. – bytebuster Jul 21 '15 at 0:46
  • You could call it that. I think I've heard that change also in the pronunciation of "hybrid". – Greg Lee Jul 21 '15 at 4:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.