Is there a term for words such as very extremely likely super , which modify the intensity of something?

Obviously these are all adverbs, but yesterday is also an adverb, and that does not change the intensity of something

1 Answer 1


They are called intensifiers. This term is pretty widespread, and I couldn't think of another.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.