This is a really broad question, but can someone explain the difference between the following phenomena: topicalization, dislocation, shifting, inversion, discontinuity, and scrambling. Wikipedia says scrambling doesn't occur in English, so translated examples from other languages would work.

I think I understand very well the phenomena on their own and their definitions and examples of them and so forth, but I want to understand the relationship among them and their categorization.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.