How can the first letter of this word be represented in Unicode?

Arabic word

What is this sign called?



U-0622. It is called Alef with madda.

  • Please do not post single-line answers. The minimum character limit exists to enforce this very purpose. Instead, explain why your answer is right, ideally with citations and credible references. If, however, the question is so trivial that 5 words would completely answer it, this means the question is bad for the Stack Exchange format and should be closed.
    – bytebuster
    May 13 '18 at 21:18
  • خير الكلام ما قل ودل
    – fdb
    May 13 '18 at 21:34
  • Thanks! I was expecting a more tilde-like shape and wasn't sure it was a madda. May 14 '18 at 6:29
  • It is not exactly an elegant font, but there is nothing else it could be.
    – fdb
    May 14 '18 at 9:10
  • 3
    I think it's a perfect answer. It goes straight to the point.
    – Aryaman
    May 14 '18 at 20:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.