I would like to find an old (Old English) word meaning "a place in a river where the water overflows a natural stone or rocky obstacle situated across the entire watercourse".

See the picture below.

Thanks in advance.

Autor: Витольд Муратов – <span class="int-own-work">Fotografie je vlastním dílem</span>, <a title="Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0" href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0">CC BY-SA 3.0</a>, <a href="https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10954377">Odkaz</a>

closed as off-topic by curiousdannii, bytebuster, jknappen, Wilson, b a Nov 14 '18 at 8:47

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Language-specific grammar and usage questions are off-topic unless primarily concerned with linguistics rather than usage. There are many language-specific sites where such questions are welcomed; see: http://stackexchange.com/sites" – curiousdannii, bytebuster, jknappen, Wilson
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Try asking here – b a Nov 14 '18 at 8:48

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.