I have an interesting question about a name that I looked up: Geoffrey. I saw that it is from Middle English, and is a compound name derived from the Germanic words *gautaz and *frithuz. Both of these terms appear to be in turn derived from Proto-Indo-European. Their roots are *ǵʰutós and *priHós, respectively. Here are the words:
- free (Germanic, 2nd element)
- property (Latin, 2nd element)
- God (Germanic, 1st element)
- Goth (Germanic, 1st element)
- futile (Latin, 1st element)
- and (probably) a lot more
Is this word list factually correct?