I am almost sure there is a proper name for that but I forgot. It would be the opposite of semantic bleaching...


1 Answer 1


You could be referring to semantic change or more specifically semantic expansion (as described here: https://www.uni-due.de/SHE/SHE_Change_Semantic.htm#types ), depending on what type of change it is, there is then more specific terms.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.