I am currently studying linguistics (new to the subject) and I have a challenging time understanding the different assimilation forms. So far we studied these:
- Assimilation of voicing only (place and manner aren't changing)
- Assimilation of place only
- Assimilation of manner only
- and Assimilation of manner AND place.
- also anticipatory of place.
My problem is I want to practice some exercises to tell the difference, and I cannot find any online examples that can help me out. I also need to know if there are any specific patterns. Can someone be kind enough to help out?:)