The actor in this Youtube comedy video seems to be imitating African American Vernacular English (AAVE). I wonder how successful he is.
The grammatical features seem to be pretty accurate:
- y'all as second person plural pronoun
- Where is x at? for Where is x?
- You're done messed up for You have messed up
His intonation also appears to be a quite accurate imitation. But what about how he pronounces the student's names?
- Jacqueline as [dʒeɪ'kwɔlɪn]
- Blake as [bə'lɑkeɪ]
- Denise as [di'naɪs]
These two seem too good to be true:
- Aaron as [eɪ'ʔeɪrɒn]
- *O'Shaughnessy [oʊʃeg'henesi]