What is the term for PIE *eu > Proto-Balto-Slavic jau? Raising? Vowel breaking?

  • 2
    ‘Breaking’ would be a likely term. I’m not aware of a term used specifically for this particular change. Apr 1 at 16:06
  • are you asking about a sound change *eu > *jau? Typically this is indicated with an arrow rather than a slash
    – Tristan
    Apr 2 at 9:58


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.