I have used Praat to manually find formants of vowels in a word. Can we do this programmatically (automatically)?
Also, I looked at speech recognition tools like CMUSphinx. Didn't find them useful for my use case.
Any help will be appreciated. Please do direct me to some ongoing research or reading material in case such a tool doesn't exist as of now.
- What are your inputs like? - Scripted words.
- Multiple talkers (per recording) or single - Single User per recording.
- Field quality or lab - A closed environment, less external noise.
- Long recordings, or single sentences, or single words - Just Single Words like Sit, seat, east
- What level of automatic do you need? That I speak a word with vowels and I can get its formants.