Questions on notation used in linguistics
This tag is for questions on notation used in linguistics.
Forms of linguistic notation include:
- Phonetic transcription. For this, see phonetic-symbols for questions on the symbols used, or ipa for the questions on the International Phonetic Alphabet, a widely-used system.
- Abbreviations for linguistic terms, such as names of languages or language families, or abbreviations used in interlinear-glosses.
- Conventions for indicating different kinds of linguistic entities
- Linguistic charts or diagrams, such as parse trees, family trees, consonant or vowel charts, or optimality-theory tableaus.
- terminology: questions on what linguistic terms mean