Can anyone please suggest some good books to read on Second Language Acquisition?
See my Reading List that covers all of linguistics! I copy pasted just the books on L2 Acquisition.
- Kristen Hummel. Introducing second language acquisition : perspectives and practices.
- Muriel Saville-Troike. Introducing second language acquisition.
- Lourdes Ortega. Understanding second language acquisition.
- Jennifer Larson-Hall. Second language acquisition myths : applying second language research to classroom teaching (2012).
- Patsy Lightbown. How Languages are Learned (2013 4 ed).
- Rosamund Mitchell. Second language learning theories (2013).
- David Michael Singleton. Key topics in second language acquisition (2014).
- Rod Ellis. Understanding second language acquisition (2015 2 ed).
- Vivian Cook. Second Language Learning and Language Teaching (2016 5 ed).
- Roumyana Slabakova. Second language acquisition (2016)
- Theodore Rogers. Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching (Cambridge Language Teaching Library) (2017 3 ed).